Dal Masala Mix
- Tuvar Dal – 250g
- Chana Dal – 50g
- Cooking Oil – 3-4 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 1 big
- Tomatoes – 1 to 2
- Cilantro leaves/Kothimir – 1 bunch
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves/Karyapatta – 1 small bunch
- Silver Dal Masala – 1 packet
Steps for Cooking:
- Soak Dal for 10 to 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker put mustard seeds and curry leaved add onions fry for few minutes add tomatoes and ginger garlic paste 1/2 the quantity of Silver Dal Masala fry it.
- Add the soaked dal mix thoroughly put 3 to 4 glasses of water.
- Close the lid of the cooker and cook on high flame for 5 to 6 whist or until the dal is cooked put off the flame.
- Heat 1 table spoon ghee/oil in a khdai (wok) put the left over masala fry for 1 second and put it in the Dal in pressure cooker. Mix thoroughly and boil for few minutes.
- Add cilantro leaves/kothimir and lemon juice.
- Delicious and tasty dal is ready to serve.
This masala can be used in various dal preparations.
No need to add salt, red chilly, any other spices.
- Reviews (0)