Special Madras Sambar Powder
- Pigeon peas (Toor dal) – 100g
- Cut vegetables in big chunks – 1/2 cup
- Tamarind Juice – 2 tbsp
- Mustard – 1/4 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Silver Sambar Powder – 1 heaped tbsp
Steps for Cooking:
- Wash and cook the dal and mash it well and keep aside.
- In a deep pan heat oil, add mustard leaves and curry leaves. Add cut vegetables and fry till vegetables are fully done.
- Add 1 heaped tbsp Silver Madras Sambar Masala fry for a few minutes. Add the boiled dal, which kept aside. Boil for 5 minutes till every thing is mixed well.
- Serve hot
- Sambar is an ancient south Indian dal usually served with rice in every south Indian cuisine.
- It is also served with idly, dosa and vada for breakfast.
- Reviews (0)